When I moved to USA in 1979, my drink of choice was Coca-Cola. I was literally addicted to this sweet, bubbly soda. Later after my college graduation with a BS degree in Food, Diet and Nutrition, I worked in New York hospital where my colleague nutritionist gave me an article about water and coke.
After I read this article, I quit my coke drinking habit cold turkey.
I would like to share this article with my readers.
We all know that water is important, but here are some facts that might interest you:
1) 75% of Americans are chronically dehydrated.
2) In 37% of Americans, the thirst mechanism is so weak that it is often mistaken for hunger.
3) Even MILD dehydration will slow one’s metabolism as much as 3%.
4) One glass of water will shut down midnight hunger pangs for almost 100% of dieters studied in a U-Washington study.
5) Lack of water is the#1 trigger of daytime fatigue.
6) Preliminary research indicates that 8 to 10 glasses of water a day could significantly ease back and joint pain for up to 80% of sufferers.
7) A mere 2% drop in body water can trigger fuzzy short – term memory, trouble with basic math and difficulty focusing on a computer screen or a printed page.
8) Drinking 5 glasses of water daily decreases the risk of colon cancer by 45%, plus it can slash the risk of breast cancer by 79%, and one is 50% likely do develop bladder cancer.
Are you drinking the amount of water you should every day?
1) In many states the highway patrol carries two gallons of Coke in the trunk to remove blood from the highway after a car accident.
2) You can put a T-bone steak in a bowl of Coke and it will be gone in two days.
3) To clean a toilet: pour a can of Coke into the toilet bowl and let the ”real thing” sit for one hour, then flush clean.
4) To remove rust spots from chrome car bumpers: rub the bumper with a rumpled-up piece of aluminum foil dipped in Coke.
5) To clean corrosion from car battery terminal: pour a can of Coke over the terminals to bubble away the corrosion.
6) To loosen a rusted bolt: apply a cloth soaked in Coke to the rusted bolt for several minutes.
7) To remove grease from clothes: empty a can of Coke into a load of greasy clothes, add detergent, and run through a regular cycle. The Coke will help loosen the grease stains.
For Your Information
1) The active ingredient in Coke is phosphoric acid. Its pH is 2.8. It will dissolve a nail in 4 days. Phosphoric acid also leaches calcium from bones and is a major contributor to the rise in osteoporosis.
2) To carry Coke syrup (the concentrate) the commercial truck must use the Hazard Material place cards reserved for highly corrosive materials.
3) The distributors of Coke have been using it to clean the engines of their trucks for about 20 years.
Now the question is, would you like a glass of water or Coke?
Wow! To think i have been taking in such corrossive acid! Water is truly life. Keep up the good work Galina, I appreciate.
very interesting…like always I wish you could write more often…..
Thank you for acknowledging my work! I wish I can write more often since I have a ton of very interesting and useful information to share but I am splitting my time between my patients, scientific research, writing my Colitis and Crohn’s patients manual (to be released by this year end), this blog and family obligations.
Thank you Galochka ! It is very interesting information. Keep going.
oh my goodness,i have been in denial for too long! i have to quit now..thanks for the info.
I KNEW THAT DRINKING SODAS WAS KIND OF DANGEROUS, BUT NEVER LIKE THAT, SO I THINK THAT I GOTTA QUIT DRINKING SODAS, IT’S GONNA BE HARD, BUT IT’S MORE MY OWN GOOD, THANK YOU!
I am glad that information I have provided has changed your understanding of what is really good and bad for you. For more information, you can subscribe to our free newsletter at http://www.knowyourgut.com