I just got back home from my trip to Argentina. Because the airplane was full of coughing and sneezing people and it was freezing cold, sure enough I came down with flu. Next day I had high fever with aches and pains all over my body. To get a quick relief, I decided to do a vitamin C flush.
I have done it in the following fashion: 5 grams (equivalent to 5000mg) every 30 minutes for a maximum dose of 30 grams. In less than 12 hours my fever was gone, and I felt so much better. In addition to the supplemental form of vitamin C, I ate 3 oranges, which are excellent source of vitamin C. One medium orange contains about 70mg of vitamins C. So, my 3 oranges contained about additional 210 mg of vitamin C. Please note, drinking bottled orange juice would not be as effective as eating fresh oranges because orange juice pasteurization destroys most of vitamin C.
Here is the summary of what I did to get rid of my flu:
- Vitamin C Flush to kill virus and bacteria and to boost Immunity (recipe below).
- Drink 8-10 cups of fluids (herbal teas, water with lemon plus home-made chicken broth with lots of fresh garlic).
- Plus, bed rest and plenty of comedy shows and funny movies for hearty laughter.
- In addition, while sitting in bed and surfing the web I came across a fascinating video about the benefits of vitamin C, and how this simple nutrient saved one mans life.
And for my scientifically inclined readers, here is the link to a study that proves amazing powers of vitamin C: study
Because my digestive system is sensitive (as it is for ALL with history of GI problems), I use Buffered Vitamin C. Buffered vitamin C includes minerals: calcium, magnesium and potassium carbonates, which are being mixed with vitamin C serve as a buffer to protect sensitive gut. Through my earlier research I have identified one of the best-buffered vitamin C formula made by Allergy Research Group. In addition to 2135 mg of vitamin C in each teaspoon, this formula contains 405 mg of calcium, 215 mg of magnesium and 90 mg of potassium. Here is the link:
Allergy Research Group -Buffered Vitamin C Powder 300 gms [Health and Beauty]
Vitamin C Flush Recipe: You will need a large bottle of buffered vitamin C powder and water.
- Start your vitamin C flush first thing in the morning before you eat breakfast.
- Mix one heaping teaspoon of vitamin C powder with ½ cup of water (room temperature) and drink right away.
- Repeat this step every 30 minutes. Continue drinking the vitamin C until you will get diarrhea.
- After that, you should stop drinking vitamin C. You have successfully completed vitamin C flush.
- Write down when and how much of vitamin C you were taking. It can take from 3 to 4 hours to do the flush. Your stool may remain unformed for a day even after you stopped the flush, but your stool should become normal in 24 to 48 hours.
Warning: Do not do Vitamin C flush during a flare-up of any GI problem since it may exacerbate the flare.
Here is the amazing video:video link