Intimidated by juicing? Not sure where to start? That’s okay, I wasn’t born knowing how to juice, either! Here’s a handy little guide to follow. I emphasize cleanliness and freshness, to maximize the healing power of raw juice (especially essential when it comes to conditions like colitis and IBS). Enjoy!
- Wash your hands for 20-25 seconds with soap and water.
- Scrub all vegetables thoroughly, and rinse well with clean water. Try to use organic vegetables and fruits for juicing to avoid pesticides and insecticides.
- Prepare 1 gallon of filtered water and add 1 teaspoon of 3% hydrogen peroxide. We’ll use this to kill off possible E. coli present on the surface of the veggies.
- Place your veggies into the water/hydrogen peroxide solution. Let sit for 5 minutes.
- Remove the vegetables from the solution and drain in a colander for few minutes.
- Juice your veggies.
- Sip your juice slowly. Drink within 2 minutes of juicing to maximize the intake of enzymes and vitamins, so vital for healing.
- The raw juice can be diluted with pure filtered water to suit your taste, and for better absorption.
- After you are done with juicing, wash your juicer, knives, and boards with soap and water.