IBS patients I worked with, all without exceptions, were sick for years before coming to me for help. All of them gave me similar stories as to what they were told by their doctors. Here is their IBS “story” offered by conventional medicine:
- Causes of IBS are unknown.
- To manage IBS just limit consumption of fried fatty foods, caffeine and alcohol, and try to manage your stress.
- If you are constipated, take Metamucil.
- If the above does not work, you’ll be prescribed medication (anti-diarrheal, anti-spasmodic and anti-depressants).
The above generic recommendations simply did NOT work for them and they continued to suffer.
So, they came to me wondering “WHY?”. My answer to them was simple:
The root-causes of IBS had never been addressed
THERE ARE 3 MAIN TRIGGERS of IBS:
1. Infections gastroenteritis caused by parasites (e.g.: Giardia, Amoeba, Blastocystis hominis, etc.) and/or pathogenic bacteria (e.g.: salmonella, staphylococcus, E.coli, shigella, etc.).
Study from Norway confirmed that 81% of IBS patients had been infected with Giardia parasite, and “Amoeba was detected more frequently among subjects with IBS than those without it (50% vs 16%)”. (2)
2. Hidden food allergies and sensitivities.
In my clinical practice, I have discovered that recurrent fatigue, abdominal pain, bloating and diarrhea in IBS patients were associated with adverse food reactions/food allergies and/or sensitivities.
IBS patients would experience these painful symptoms after eating foods containing wheat, gluten, casein, lactose, fructose, caffeine, alcohol, histamine/tyramine. Large review of 207 studies concluded that “Restriction of wheat and certain FODMAP-rich food items may reduce IBS symptoms.”(3) This study confirms my own clinical observation that after removing “problem” foods, IBS symptoms were first greatly reduced and then completely eliminated in patients with IBS.
3. Small intestinal bacteria overgrowth (aka: SIBO)
SIBO is basically a chronic infection triggered by excessive overgrowth of bacteria in the small intestine. SIBO is the result of abnormal fermentation of certain carbohydrates that can cause diarrhea alternating with constipation, bloating, gas and abdominal pain.
According to a study done in Cedars-Sinai Medical center up to 80% of IBS patients have SIBO. (4)
So, based on the above, I’ve developed for my patients a program, the IBS Healing System™, that:
- Removes harmful bacteria from your intestines
- Addresses food allergies/sensitivities/stress
- Restores healthy flora in your gut.
And, voila! Every single person who went through this program got better.
The IBS Healing System™
If your IBS flare-ups persist despite your current treatments, you must try the IBS Healing System™. This program will provide you with life-long knowledge that will save you from possible IBS relapses in the future. It is truly a life saving information on subjects like:
- How patient can be labeled having IBS, when she/he actually has a different disease altogether.
- Exact type of probiotic that has been used in medical studies to relieve abdominal pain bloating and diarrhea. Will tell you the name and where to buy it.
- Which natural foods can relieve constipation.
- Which foods, even organic, can trigger diarrhea and IBS flare.
- What tests must be done to identify the main IBS causes.
In just 30 Days, You Can Bring Your Body Back to Health
FEEL BETTER NOW
WHAT TO EAT
BUILD STRONG GUT
DETOXIFY YOUR BODY AND ENVIRONMENT
IBS Healing System™= No More Abdominal Pain, Bloating, Diarrhea and/or Constipation
You can experience fantastic results within 1st week of doing the program.
Your whole digestive system will be restored and regenerated.
And your whole body will be truly healed.
IBS affects about 60 million people in the United States; 80% of the affected population are women. Individuals with IBS usually do not experience weight loss and intestinal bleeding like patients suffering from ulcerative colitis, Crohn’s disease and colon cancer. Although this disease is not life threatening; IBS symptoms can make your life a living hell. And it can stress you out to the point of severe depression.
Imagine, going out to dinner with your friends and feeling bloated to the point when you cannot stop farting, releasing huge amounts of smelly gas. Or you are on vacation in Europe with your loved ones, and all of a sudden you have an urgent bowel call, and you are pooping in your pants before you can find a bathroom. These symptoms of bloating, abdominal pain, increased flatulence, bowel urgency, diarrhea or constipation are so familiar to IBS patients.
Medical community still does not know what causes IBS.
My research and clinical experience confirms: various sugars can cause intestinal fermentation/malabsorption in IBS.
According to the research team from Gastroenterology Institute, Shaare Zedek Medical Center in Jeruselem lactose, fructose and sorbitol sugars cannot be fully digested by the majority of IBS patients.
The researchers collected dietary data from 94 patients with IBS. The results were stunning: lactose (milk sugar) caused malabsorption in 82% of the IBS group. And fructose-sorbitol combination caused malabsorption in 70% of the IBS group. Scientists concluded: “Dietary restrictions of the offending sugar(s) should be implemented before the institution of drug therapy.”(5)
Doctors use so called “Rome Criteria” (named after 1988 Gastroenterology Conference in Rome, Italy) to identify symptoms relevant to IBS:
- 3 months of abdominal pain that is relieved by a bowel movement
- Diarrhea alternating with constipation
- Stool can appear as small, hard, difficult to pass pellets (constipation), semi-formed or watery (diarrhea) with mucus
- Bloating, abdominal pain; urgency to discharge feces or feeling of incomplete evacuation, straining and flatulence
- Nausea and vomiting
- Anxiety and/or Depression
Physical examination and detailed medical history are done as a part of IBS assessment. Diagnostic tests such as abdominal CT scan, CBC (Complete Blood Count), stool cultures for parasites are usually done to exclude other diseases (ulcerative colitis, Crohn’s disease, colon cancer, parasitic infections, etc).
- Antispasmodics diminish the frequency of intestinal spasms.
- Bentyl (dicyclomine) side effects: constipation, stomach pain, nausea and vomiting.
- Buscopan (butylscoopolamine) side effects: difficulty urinating, diarrhea and nausea.
- Levbid, Levsin (hyoscyamine) side effects: diarrhea, hallucinations and impotence.
- Laxatives used to promote regular bowel movements for constipated people. This type of medication does not address the real reason for constipation. Laxatives can be habit forming, and can cause nausea, gas, abdominal pain and electrolyte disbalance.
- Examples of laxatives: Milk of Magnesia, Miralax, Dulcolax, Correctol, Serocot.
- Antidiarrheal medications are used to control diarrhea. Antidiarrheal side effects include: nausea, vomiting, constipation, abdominal cramps and pain.
- Examples of antidiarrheal medication: non-prescription: Imodium, Pepto-bismol and Kaopectate
- prescription: Lomitil. Avoid taking lomotil if diarrhea is caused by antibiotics or bacteria.
- Lotronexis used to treat severe diarrhea. This drug is known to cause life-threatening side-effects ( including death). It was pulled off the market in November 2000, then the FDA allowed it back on the market on April 2002. Dr.Raczkowski, FDA chief of gastrointestinal drugs reports: “this is the first time that a drug has been withdrawn from the market and has returned”.
- Zelnorm is another drug pulled off the market by FDA in 2007 after over 20 studies demonstrated that Zelnorm increases risk of heart attacks, strokes, ischemic colitis and death. Antidepressants are used to treat anxiety, depression, pain and overexcited gut reactions.
- Norpramin (desipramin) side effects: allergic reaction (face and throat swelling), tremors.
- Elavil (amitriptyline) side effects: bleeding, vomiting, chest pain, seizures, hallucinations.In sum, conventional medications often bring more distress than relief to IBS patient.
Often patients are asking me if medications cure IBS.The simple answer is NO.
Because medications are designed to control symptoms of your disease. It does nothing to address the underlying cause of your problem. Furthermore, some of the medications prescribed for IBS can cause serious side effects such as stomach pain, cramps, nausea, vomiting, diarrhea, ischemic colitis, blood in your stool and even death.
To conclude: conventional medications can brings more distress than relief to IBS patient.
- Hidden Food Allergies/Intolerances can trigger IBS.
According to a study published in British medical journal GUT, painful IBS symptoms can be reduced significantly by eliminating foods discovered via delayed food allergy testing. (6) So, I use ALCAT test to test IBS patients for food allergies and sensitivities.
- Fiber is another controversial subject.If IBS patient is constipated, she/he will be told that eating apples, pears, yogurt with prebiotic (inulin) and whole-grain breads plus using fiber supplement called Metamucil will help them poop regularly.
Well, I can tell you from my experience as a nutritionist that a sudden increase in fiber consumption Metamucil plus raw fruits and veggies that are high in fructose, polyols and fructans can irritate IBS patients’ sensitive gut causing gas, bloating and abdominal pain.
Furthermore, some IBS patients don’t know that flavored, sugar-free Metamucil contains artificial flavor, maltodextrin (GMO containing ingredient), artificial color and artificial sweetener (aspartame), which can further irritate your gut.
Using meditation, deep breathing yoga, progressive muscle relaxation, cognitive behavioral therapy, guided imagery, hypnotherapy and biofeedback can result in stress reduction and powerful relaxation of the whole body.
Emotional Awareness Programs aim to reduce stress by teaching patients (1) to become aware of their stress and (2) to express emotions related to your stressful experience. Don’t suffer in silence. Learn how to deal with difficult people and how to react to stressful situations.
These relaxation methods will result in improved quality of life (better sleep, optimistic outlook on life, higher energy level and better relationships with family, friends and co-workers).
At this time IBS Healing System™
is available only to my patients.
You have 2 options:
Option #1: 30-Day Supervised Program
30-Day Supervised Program has six (6) personal one-on-one consultations that are strategically spread out through the duration of the Program. It’s being implemented by you in your home, but with my constant supervision and “hand holding”.
Your first consultation may last from 1 – 1.5 hours and includes comprehensive evaluation and analysis of your current condition and medical tests.
Your five follow up consultations may last from 45 minutes to 1 hour and includes thorough evaluation of your progress and special instructions regarding necessary adjustments and procedures.
This is a month long comprehensive health restoration and total body rejuvenation protocol designed to:
- Identify and eliminate the major root causes of your condition
- Significantly relieve your current, specific debilitating symptoms
- Detox your major organs/tissues and jump-start your body’s healing/recovery
- Restore all the body’s major organs and functions and improve your quality of life
- I will evaluate your medical tests and health history (must be submitted prior to your first appointment). You’ll get answers to all your current health questions.
- You’ll learn about possible adverse interactions between your diet, supplements and medications.
- Your whole health profile will be taken into account. You’ll find out which foods/supplements/treatments you should take – and more importantly, which to avoid. You’ll receive a list of recommended tests designed to uncover the underlying causes of your current condition by identifying specific debilitating pathogens, allergies etc.
- Upon my initial analysis (completed after your first appointment) you’ll receive your personalized Total Health Recovery Program™ addressing your specific health issues and conditions:
- Your Health Recovery Diet and Lifestyle recommendations created just for your condition with special instructions. As Hippocrates said, “Let food be thy medicine.”
- List of Healing Supplements and Foods specifically selected for your conditions,
- List of special Healing Therapies and Procedures you can do yourself in a privacy of your home plus other modalities done by different holistic practitioners.
- You’ll receive specific step-by-step protocol and “how-to” instructions to implement the Program, and will be set on your way for immediate start.
Important: To ensure successful and most efficient implementation of your personalized Total Health Recovery Program™ you must:
- (a) Submit all your current medical history and tests PRIOR to your first appointment,
- (b) Submit all your questions in writing via e-mail PRIOR to your follow-up appointments
This Program is a clear and proven path to your true healing and complete recovery.
Galina’s personal guidance will enable your fastest possible natural health restoration.
Option #2: 1-Hour Personal Consultation
During this consultation you will:
- Get the results of comprehensive evaluation of your current medical tests and health history (submitted PRIOR to your appointment). You’ll get answers to all your health questions.
- You’ll learn possible adverse interactions between your diet, supplements and medications (you might be shocked with the revelations).
- You’ll find out which foods/supplements/treatments you should take – and more importantly, which to avoid.
- You’ll receive a list of recommended tests designed to identify specific pathogens, allergies, etc.
- Upon initial analysis (completed after your appointment) you’ll receive your personalized Total Health Recovery Program™ detailing:
- Your Health Recovery Diet and Lifestyle recommendations created just for your condition with special instructions.
- List of Healing Supplements and Foods specifically selected for your conditions, List of special Healing Therapies and Procedures you can do yourself in a privacy of your home plus other complementary modalities done by different holistic practitioners.
- You’ll receive specific step-by-step protocol and “how-to” instructions to implement the Program. You will be set on your way for immediate start.
- Charles D. Ericsson Postinfectious Irritable Bowel Syndrome. Oxford Journals. Volume 46 Issue 4 Pg 594-599
- Uday C Ghoshal et al. Bugs and Irritable Bowel Syndrome: The Good, the Bad and the Ugly. J Gastroenterology and Hepatology. 2010; 25(2):244-251
- Pasquale Mansueto et al. Food Allergy in Irritable Bowel Syndrome. The case of non-celiac wheat sensitivity.
World J Gastroenterol. 2015 Jun 21: 21(23): 7089-7109.
- Pimentel M et al. Eradication of small intestinal bacterial overgrowth reduces symptoms of irritable bowel syndrome.
Am J Gastroenterol. 2000 Dec; 95(12): 3503-6.
- Goldstein R, Braverman D, Stankiewicz H “Carbohydrate malabsorption and the effect of dietary restriction on symptoms of irritable bowel syndrome and functional bowel complaints.” The Israel Medical Association Journal 2000 Aug;2(8):583-7
- Atkinson, W., Sheldon, T.A., Shaath, N., and P.J. Whorwell. Food elimination based on IgG antibodies in irritable bowel syndrome: A randomized controlled trial.
GUT 2004; 53: 1459-1464