“Diabetes and Celiac disease?”
“What does one have to do with the other?”
In my professional practice I’ve been noticing an increase of Celiac related symptoms in Diabetes patients. Moreover, when the Celiac causing factors are removed in diabetics, the overall condition is improving much faster. And as I suspected all along, some diabetic patients can have Celiac disease or gluten intolerance.
You can read in 2009 issue of “Today’s Dietitian” (a widely recognized professional publication) that: “According to the American Diabetes Association, for every 20 people with Type 1 diabetes, one will have celiac disease.
Both Type 1 diabetes and celiac disease are autoimmune conditions. “In celiac disease, eating gluten, which is found in grains such as wheat, barley, rye, causes a specific immune reaction that leads to inflammation and damage to the lining of the small intestine.”(1)
Pay attention now:
In Type 1 Diabetes, antibodies attack pancreas until no insulin is produced. Do you see the commonality now? I must say that some of my more advanced medical colleagues are aware of the Diabetes/Celiac connection, and do recognize that patients with Type 1 Diabetes often have another “hidden” condition – Celiac disease. Furthermore, my experience indicates that.
Type 2 Diabetics must also be screened for Celiac disease. So, I insist that whether you are diagnosed with Type 1 or Type 2 diabetes, you MUST be screened for Celiac disease. Moreover, even if you are not diagnosed with full blown Celiac disease, you can assume that you DO have gluten intolerance.
Next step is to follow a gluten-free diet together with your diabetes healing diet described in Diabetes Healing System™. Believe me, it’s worth your while. You’ll feel better.
Drug Induced Diabetes: If you are being treated with medications for high cholesterol, high blood pressure, inflammatory conditions, you are in danger of getting diabetes due to side effects of these drugs.
For example: If you are taking statins, beta-blockers, thiazides, steroids and immunosuppressive medications for some time, your chance of developing insulin resistance, elevated glucose level, then diabetes is greatly increased. Your control of your blood sugar may greatly decline if you are taking these drugs while having pre-diabetic condition or diabetes. (2, 3, 4, 5)
When people with Type 2 diabetes follow a path of conventional medicine, in time they develop ever increasing dependence on multiple medications. Type 2 Diabetes can be completely reversed by using special therapeutic diet together with lifestyle modifications, which lowers high blood sugar, high cholesterol and elevated blood pressure. This all can done by following my program in Diabetes Healing System™.
Diabetes is a metabolic disorder. There are 2 types of Diabetes Mellitus:
Type 1 Diabetes – the pancreas does not produce insulin. About 10% of all diabetes cases are type 1.
Type 2 Diabetes – the body’s cells do not respond normally to insulin; patient develops insulin resistance and or insulin production is inadequate. About 90% of all diabetes cases are Type 2.
If you have been diagnosed with Type 2 Diabetes (NIDDM – non-insulin dependent diabetes mellitus), you must educate yourself on how to control your blood sugar naturally. I know for a fact from 30 years of working with Type 2 Diabetes patients that most drugs lose their effectiveness over time.
Therefore, to control your diabetes long-term, you need to take larger, more frequent dosages of medication. In fact, the latest medical research shows that long-term use of some popular diabetes medications has very serious, sometimes deadly side effects, such as blindness, heart attack, stroke and bladder cancer.
Here are two shocking examples of deadlyside effects from two popular Diabetes Medications:
- Avandia (rosiglitazone) is prescribed to treat Type 2 Diabetes. During a 10 year period from 1999 to 2009 more than 47,000 Americans who used Avandia suffered from a heart failure, heart attack or stroke. Diabetics pay between $90 and $170 for a 30 day supply of Avandia. This drug is banned from sale in Europe. The FDA has recently issued a warning that Avandia increases the risk of heart attacks and stroke.
- Actos (Pioglitazone Hydrochloride) is another Type 2 diabetes drug sold in USA. The FDA has announced that Actos may be associated with increased risk of bladder cancer, liver failure, heart attacks, strokes and eye disease that can result in blindness. In June 2011, France and Germany banned sales of Actos because of a possible bladder cancer risk.
Diabetes Healing System™
If you are tired of constantly….
- Pricking your fingers with painful needles everyday?
- Fearing for your future & always wondering “what happens next”?
- Spending thousands of dollars on high insurance premiums
- Feeling frustrated from excess diabetic weight?
- Worrying about increased risk for heart attack, stroke, blindness or amputation?
You must try Diabetes Healing System™
It’s is the most effective program for Type 2 Diabetes that can help you reverse your diabetes, normalize blood sugar, lower high cholesterol and high blood pressure. And you will easily lose excess weight.
Here are 3 parts of the program:
Medicinal, powerful herbs that support healthy blood sugar levels, eliminate sugar cravings and promote healthy weight loss. You can purchase Healthy Blood Sugar here.
Studies in Europe and US confirm: low-glycemic index/load, high fiber diet with plenty of healthy fats such as nuts, seeds, avocado, fatty fish, cold pressed extra virgin olive oil, flaxseed oil can ultimately reverse Type 2 Diabetes. This healthy diet is a part of Diabetes Healing System. (6,7)
Regular exercise can promote healthy weight loss, normalize blood sugar, curb hunger, and reduce or even eliminate the need for medications. Choose the type you enjoy and can do every day.
At this time Diabetes Healing System™
is available only to my patients.
You have 2 options:
Option #1: 30-Day Supervised Program
30-Day Supervised Program has six (6) personal one-on-one consultations that are strategically spread out through the duration of the Program. It’s being implemented by you in your home, but with my constant supervision and “hand holding”.
Your first consultation may last from 1 – 1.5 hours and includes comprehensive evaluation and analysis of your current condition and medical tests.
Your five follow up consultations may last from 45 minutes to 1 hour and includes thorough evaluation of your progress and special instructions regarding necessary adjustments and procedures.
This is a month long comprehensive health restoration and total body rejuvenation protocol designed to:
- Identify and eliminate the major root causes of your condition
- Significantly relieve your current, specific debilitating symptoms
- Detox your major organs/tissues and jump-start your body’s healing/recovery
- Restore all the body’s major organs and functions and improve your quality of life
- I will evaluate your medical tests and health history (must be submitted prior to your first appointment). You’ll get answers to all your current health questions.
- You’ll learn about possible adverse interactions between your diet, supplements and medications.
- Your whole health profile will be taken into account. You’ll find out which foods/supplements/treatments you should take – and more importantly, which to avoid. You’ll receive a list of recommended tests designed to uncover the underlying causes of your current condition by identifying specific debilitating pathogens, allergies etc.
- Upon my initial analysis (completed after your first appointment) you’ll receive your personalized Total Health Recovery Program™ addressing your specific health issues and conditions:
- Your Health Recovery Diet and Lifestyle recommendations created just for your condition with special instructions. As Hippocrates said, “Let food be thy medicine.”
- List of Healing Supplements and Foods specifically selected for your conditions,
- List of special Healing Therapies and Procedures you can do yourself in a privacy of your home plus other modalities done by different holistic practitioners.
- You’ll receive specific step-by-step protocol and “how-to” instructions to implement the Program, and will be set on your way for immediate start.
Important: To ensure successful and most efficient implementation of your personalized Total Health Recovery Program™ you must:
- (a) Submit all your current medical history and tests PRIOR to your first appointment,
- (b) Submit all your questions in writing via e-mail PRIOR to your follow-up appointments
This Program is a clear and proven path to your true healing and complete recovery.
Galina’s personal guidance will enable your fastest possible natural health restoration.
Option #2: 1-Hour Personal Consultation
During this consultation you will:
- Get the results of comprehensive evaluation of your current medical tests and health history (submitted PRIOR to your appointment). You’ll get answers to all your health questions.
- You’ll learn possible adverse interactions between your diet, supplements and medications (you might be shocked with the revelations).
- You’ll find out which foods/supplements/treatments you should take – and more importantly, which to avoid.
- You’ll receive a list of recommended tests designed to identify specific pathogens, allergies, etc.
- Upon initial analysis (completed after your appointment) you’ll receive your personalized Total Health Recovery Program™ detailing:
- Your Health Recovery Diet and Lifestyle recommendations created just for your condition with special instructions.
- List of Healing Supplements and Foods specifically selected for your conditions, List of special Healing Therapies and Procedures you can do yourself in a privacy of your home plus other complementary modalities done by different holistic practitioners.
- You’ll receive specific step-by-step protocol and “how-to” instructions to implement the Program. You will be set on your way for immediate start.
Diabetes does not just happen. It’s a result of lifestyle choices.
How people get sick with diabetes. Food that you eat has 3 main nutrients (protein, fats and carbohydrates). Your body uses these nutrients for energy and building new cells/tissues.
- Proteins (in eggs, fish, meat) are broken down into amino acids that are used to build your muscles
- Fats (in oils and butter) are broken down into fatty acids that are used to manufacture hormones and
- Carbohydrates (bread, pasta, potato, plain sugar, fruit juices, soda) are broken down into glucose, which is used for immediate energy or stored in the liver and muscles for future use or glucose can be stored as fat.
When you eat a meal high in simple carbohydrates (sweet cold cereal, doughnuts, hamburger buns, bagels, soda), the blood sugar rises rapidly and triggers pancreas to release insulin. Insulin helps cells absorb glucose from the bloodstream by binding with insulin receptors on cell surfaces. It acts as a key which opens up the cells to receive glucose. After insulin delivers glucose inside the cells, blood glucose falls to normal level. When you eat simple carbs often, your blood is constantly flooded with a lot of glucose. The pancreas is unable to keep up with insulin production; glucose cannot get inside the cells, it remains in the bloodstream and keeps on rising because it has nowhere to go. So you have a build up of glucose in your blood. All that excess glucose will cause our bodies to store it as fat. This vicious cycle continues for years leading to elevated blood glucose and obesity.
- Typically, patients with elevated blood sugar experience the following:
- unusual hunger, frequent urination and chronic fatigue
- intense feeling of thirst (no matter how much they drink)
- bruises and cuts that do no heal, blurred vision
- chronic vaginal yeast infections in women
- numbness/tingling in hands and feet
- rapid weight loss or weight gain
- erectile dysfunction in men
Today, we have 3 standard tests to determine if a patient has pre-diabetes or diabetes:
- The Fasting Plasma Glucose (FPG) test. This test is done first thing in the morning, on the empty stomach.Less than 100 mg/dl means you have normal blood glucoseBetween 100 mg/dl – 126 mg/dl means you have pre-diabetesOver 126 mg/dl means you have diabetes
- Oral Glucose Tolerance Test (OGTT). This test measures your blood glucose before and 2 hours after you drink a sweet drink.Less than 140 mg/dl means you have normal levelsBetween 140 – 200 mg/dl means you have pre-diabetesOver 200 mg/dl means you have diabetes
- Glycosylated hemoglobin (HbA1C) Test. Measures your average blood glucose level over the past 3 months period.Less than 5.7% means normalBetween 5.7%- 6% means you have prediabetesOver 6.5% means you have diabetes
- Maggy Moon, Double Trouble – Counseling Clients with Diabetes and Celiac Disease. Today’s Dietitian August 2009 Issue Vol. 11 No. 8 P. 32
- Preiss et al. Risk of incident diabetes with intensive-dose as compared with moderate-dose statin therapy: a meta-analysis. JAMA 2011;305:2556-64
- Greiss TW et al. Hypertension and antihypertensive therapy as risk factors for type 2 diabetes mellitus. N Engl J Med 2000;342:905.
- Wolff FW et al. Diabetogenic activity of long-term administration of the benzothiadiazines. JAMA 1963;185:568-74
- Heisel O et al. New onset diabetes mellitus in patients receiving calcineurin inhibitors: a systematic review and meta-analysis. Am J Transplant 2004;4:583-95
- Westman EC, et al. The effect of a low-carbohydrate, ketogenic diet versus a low-glycemic index diet on glycemic control in type 2 diabetes mellitus. Nutrition and Metabolism. 19 December 2008 5:36. http://nutritionandmetabolism.biomedcentral.com/articles/10.1186/1743-7075-5-36
- Iris Shai, RD, PhD, et al. Weight Loss with a Low-Carbohydrate, Mediterranean, or Low-Fat Diet N Engl J Med July 17, 2008; 359:229-241 http://www.nejm.org/doi/full/10.1056/NEJMoa0708681
Grab your FREE copy of the Diabetes Healing System “Starter Guide” (a $19.95 Value)
Inside You’ll Discover:
- What your doctor will NOT tell you about diabetes
- What your nutritionist will NOT tell you about diabetes
- Diabetes supermarket survival guide
- How to curb your appetite and burn fat
- Clinically proven 3-day meal plan to balance your blood sugar